LiquiBand® Optima Topical Skin Adhesive has a unique, winged applicator to facilitate safe and easy activation, along with accuracy and control.
LiquiBand® Optima Topical Skin Adhesive has a unique winged applicator with precision tip for accuracy and control, delivering excellent cosmetic results.
- Precision Applicator: The precision tip delivers accurate application, making the device ideal for traditionally difficult areas. The in-built flow control wings allow the clinician to easily control the volume of adhesive applied.
- Quick 10 Second Dry Time: Rapid wound closure in approximately 10 seconds offering faster patient turnaround. Only one application required for strong and secure closure.
- Ambient Storage: Can be stored between 5°C and 25°C reducing the need for refrigeration.
- Microbial Barrier Protection: Adhesive acts as a protective waterproof barrier, allowing patients to shower without compromising the wound closure. The waterproof, microbial barrier reduces the risk of infection.
- No-Sting Adhesive: Provides comfortable closure, minimising trauma — ideal for children.
- Outstanding Patient Benefits: Excellent cosmetic results combined with minimal discomfort throughout treatment and healing.
- Pre-Assembled Unique Winged Design: Ready-to-use straight out of the box. To activate the device, simply squeeze the wings until a cracking sound is heard. The transparent reservoir provides visualisation of remaining adhesive throughout the application process
1 Unique applicator
- Winged applicator allows easy and safe priming application
- Visidome enables clinician to see how much skin adhesive is available
2 Precision control applicator tip
- Safe, effective and rapid wound closure for scalp lacerations
- Precision control tip ideal for areas of dense hair growth
Improved patient safety
- Delivers safe, fast closure
- Offers excellent post-operative cosmesis
- Provides low exothermic reaction
Fast and precise
- Strong and secure wound closure
- Quick 10-second dry time1
- Controlled placement of adhesive
- While holding upright, squeeze the applicator wings until a cracking sound is heard
- Invert the tip and gently squeeze wings to prime
- When the tip fills with adhesive LiquiBand® Optima is ready to use
- Ensure that wound is thoroughly clean and dry prior to closure
- While holding the wound edges together, apply an even coat of LiquiBand® Optima over the length of the wound
- Continue to hold the wound edges together for 30 seconds
NOTE: If being used in areas of dense natural hair, take care when applying as hair follicle damage may occur if over applied. If using on the eye area, adjust the patient’s position. Use petroleum jelly to create a barrier close to the wound, and use surgical gauze to protect the patient’s eyes.