Benefits for your patients
Better patient compliance
Compared with laboratory testing, POC HbA1c testing has been shown to significantly increase the proportion of patients achieving their diabetes glycaemic control.1
Simple & easy sample collection
Direct blood sample application onto disc from a finger prick, with no need for tubes or pipettes for sample collection or transfer. Test discs can be conveniently stored at room temperature (2-30ºc).
Fast turnaround time
HbA1c result in 5 mins. On the spot results in just 3 simple steps. Dual testing from one finger prick sample allows for HbA1c test and lipid panel within a 15-minute workflow cycle.
Medicare Funding Coming November 2021
3 tests in one compact system
HbA1c (glycated haemoglobin) testing improves diabetes management in primary care settings
- HbA1c with Diagnosis Claim
- No interference from most common haemoglobin variants2
- Precision is fully compliant to the IFCC and NGSP guideline requirements3
- Requires 2 μL drop of capillary or venous whole blood. HbA1c test results in 5 mins
- HbA1c result displayed in percentage (%) plus mmol/mol
Lipid Panel Test
Closing the gap in cardiovascular (CV) risk factor management
- Precision is fully compliant to the NCEP guideline requirements
- Requires 19 μL drop of capillary or venous whole blood or plasma
- Lipid test results in 6 mins; including TC, HDL, TG, LDL, non-HDL and TC/HDL ratio
C-reactive protein (CRP) test supports appropriate antibiotic use at the Point of Care
- POC CRP testing follows the recommendations of the NICE clinical guidance5
- Requires 12 μL drop of capillary blood or serum, venous whole blood or plasma.
- CRP results in 4 mins
- CRP results displayed in mg/L
3 simple steps to better patient outcomes
Power on the instrument and touch Patient Test.
Open the lid, lance the finger and place the drop of blood on the test disc.
Place test disc in the cobas b 101 and close lid. The measurement starts automatically.
Cobas b 101 System
Improve management of diabetes and dyslipidaemia
The cobas b 101 includes tests for glycated haemoglobin (HbA1c) and lipids on the same device, thereby addressing a diagnostic need at Point of Care.
Ease of use and convenience:
- On the spot results in just 3 simple steps
- Adherent to all relevant standards and methods - ensuring test precision and full compliance to guideline requirements
- Direct sample application onto a disc from a finger prick of capillary or venous whole blood
- No need for tubes or pipettes for sample collection or transfer
- Individual or dual testing option
- Fast turnaround time - an intuitive 15 minute workflow from patient preparation to result of both HbA1c and Lipid Panel
- Increased convenience as both colour coded test discs can be stored at room temperature
- Workflow efficiency:
- Patient data storage with 5,000 patient results, 500 QC results, and 50 Operator IDs
- Service free and no calibration is needed; samples and discs are checked for integrity, and all steps of the process are controlled
- QC menu features configurable test intervals and target ranges for reliable quality results
- IT connectivity solutions with cobas IT 1000 and printer option